Doll quilt swap 4May 31, 2008 at 6:58 pm | Posted in Swaps | 8 Comments
Let the sign ups begin! It really is true, sign ups for round 4 are starting June 1, 2008. We all had such a blast in round 3 and thank you so much to fabulous swap mama Tanaya(themad1)!!! She has handed off to me for round 4, but is still a swap mama, so dont worry. Now i know a few of you have noticed Lisa(losabia) over at the flickr group, and she has agreed to come back as a swap mama too! yey! Last but not least we have the lovely Sarah (Krom_mama), I’m sure you all know her lovely little houses. We have decided to set the limit at 100 members, so jump in! Please be sure to go thru the details of the swap, even if you have participated before. We have a couple new guidelines. Thanks.
- Size: from 12″ x 12″ up to 24″ x 24″ or any rectangle or other shape in between.
- Construction: Pieced, appliqued, wholecloth, or yo-yos; quilted by hand or machine; and bound. Embellish at will. Embroidery? Rickrack? Buttons? None? You decide.
- Fabrics: Let’s do natural fibers: cotton, linen, or wool again, please!
- Labels: please include a label on the quilt.
HOW TO JOIN
If you’d like to participate in the swap, please send an e-mail to the address at the top of the sidebar over there -> and include the following:
- Full name (the last names won’t be shared)
- E-mail address (will only be shared with your partner)
- Full shipping address, including postal code and country (again, only your partner will receive this)
- Blog address, if you have one (will be linked on the doll quilt swap site)
- Flickr photostream, if you have one
- You MUST have one or the other( Flickr acct or blog)
- Your preferences for your quilt to be received: things that you’d love to have or things that you would prefer NOT to receive. These can be general points such as colors (a particular color or combination – pastels, darks, brights, primary), themes (cats, repro, dots, primitive, plaids, NO CLOWNS [that’s mine!]), etc. If you really, really have no idea or love being surprised, please just write “Quilter’s Choice.” I definitely can’t promise that you’ll get an applique or hand-quilted quilt, even if you love them, but I’ll do my best to match y’all up with someone simpatico. If you just love to make (or try!) certain types of quilts (collage, applique, etc.) it would help with the matchups if you mentioned that, too.
- Extra credit: Are you willing to send to internationally? or early? or even early to another country?
- Signups will last from today, June 1st, until we reach 100 members. Spread the word! Many of you missed the last round, and you can do others a favor by letting them know about the swap on your blog. You can write a quick post or include the following button code on a sidebar.
- <a href=“https://dollquiltswap.wordpress.com”><img src=“http://losabia.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/dollquiltswapbutton.jpg” alt=“doll quilt swap button” /></a>
- Partner information will be sent out within one week of sign ups closing.
- Quilts should be sent no later than Sept.1st. August 11th, 2008 if sending out of country. This gives everyone plenty of time to research, construct, and send their quilts. Of course you can send out your little packages in advance of that. Some of last round’s swappers had both sent and received before the sending deadline even rolled around.
This will remain a secret round robin swap. Your partner will not know your identity; you all seemed to like the cloak-and-dagger aspect of the swap last time! There’ll be a list of all the swappers in the sidebar if you want to keep track of everybody. I’m happy to relay super-secret messages between you and your partner if you need me to.